Definition: How is identity defined?
-a set of characteristics which have to be fulfilled, such that if one or more aren't fulfilled, the identity is denied for the individual.
-an association of characteristics, of which a majority needs to be fulfilled
-clear opposition and/ or distinction from others. example: "a Jew is defined by the synagoge he doesn't go to..."
Do the borders towards what/ who-I-am-not have to be hard lines, or can they be soft and gradual?
- Soft and gradual: Family association according to Wittgenstein, based on a cluster of individuals with characteristics that are similiar, more similiar than those outside the cluster -> goes into the direction of "belonging".
- Sharp inside-outside criteria, which have to be fulfilled.
Looking forward for your comments and contributions!
related posts: xxxx
Discussion Forum: Topics
My Collection Of Relevant Links
- Ahavat Elohim Forums
- Forum Messianic Jewish Discussion
- Messianic Judaism Quest
- The Messianic Center
- Sean Emslie: ... toward a messianic judaism
- Kevin Geoffrey has Messianic Jewish Issues
- Derek Leman - Messianic Jewish Musings
- Jews for Jesus Home page
- MBI Messianic Bureau International
- The Jerusalem Council - Messianic Beit Midrash
- Messianic Jewish Rabbinical Council
- International Messianic Jewish Alliance
- Wikipedia: Messianic Judaism